Maple Cinnamon Sweet Potato Coins with Wild Blueberry Goat CheesePrint Recipe
Recipe by Lauren Sharifi of Bite of Health Nutrition
3 sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon cinnamon
salt to taste
8 ounces goat cheese
1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries, divided
¼ cup pecans, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut sweet potatoes into ¼ inch coins.
- In a large bowl add sweet potatoes, olive oil, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt to taste.
- Mix to evenly coat sweet potatoes.
- Add sweet potatoes to cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or Silpat mat.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake for another 8-10 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, add ½ cup frozen Wild Blueberries and goat cheese to a small food processor.
- Process until combined.
- Thaw remaining ½ cup of blueberries in the microwave for 45 seconds. Drain any juice.
- Once sweet potatoes are done cooking, transfer sweet potatoes to a serving dish.
- Top each with blueberry goat cheese, thawed blueberries and chopped pecans.
- Enjoy warm or cold!