- 5 cups frozen Wild Blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 cup (2 medium) diced peeled apples
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons butter or soft margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
Preheat oven to 325°F. In a small bowl, combine the Wild Blueberries, sugar, lemon rind, and apples. Mix well and place in a well-buttered 8x8x2” pan.
In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, pecans, oats, salt and rub in the butter with your fingers until it resembles coarse crumbs. Spread evenly over the Wild Blueberry filling. Bake 45 minutes or until the crust is brown. Wild Blueberry Crisp serves 6.