Duck, Spinach and Goat Cheese Salad with Savory Wild Blueberry Sauce
- 2 cups frozen Wild Blueberries
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¾ cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless duck breasts or leg quarters
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, clarified
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed
- 4 oz goat cheese, 1-inch slices
Sauté finely chopped onion and garlic in olive oil. Cook until soft about 5 minutes. Add wine, vinegar, brown sugar and reduce sauce by 1/3. Add Wild Blueberries and lemon zest. Cook for a few minutes to blend flavor and let rest. Season with salt and pepper.
Wash duck pieces, pat dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat clarified butter in a pan. Sauté duck pieces about 4 min per side until done. Time will vary. Remove from pan, wrap in aluminum foil and keep warm.
Prepare each plate with a bed of spinach, goat cheese and duck pieces drizzled with hot Wild Blueberry sauce. Serves 4. Tastes great with baguette.
476 calories, 24g carbohydrate, 40g protein, 21g fat, 156mg cholesterol, 0g trans fat, 593mg sodium, 5g fiber
Wild Blue is Good for You!