Wild Blueberry & Brie Pastry BitesPrint Recipe
Recipe by Danielle Omar, MS, RDN of Food Confidence
1 pkg mini phyllo shells
8 oz brie
For the sauce:
1 ½ cups frozen Wild Blueberries
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Make the sauce by simmering frozen Wild Blueberries with maple syrup, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon until it thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Defrost phyllo shells.
- Place one tsp Wild Blueberry sauce in the bottom of each cup.
- Trim the skin off the brie cheese and place one tsp of the brie into each cup on top of the Wild Blueberry sauce.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until pastry is golden brown (or follow package directions).
- Remove from oven and sprinkle each cup with thawed Wild Blueberries.
- Serve warm.