Wild Blueberry (Toaster or Pop) TartsPrint Recipe
For the dough:
1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small cubes
3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup milk (dairy or unsweetened almond or coconut milk)
For the filling:
1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
3 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the glaze (optional):
2 tablespoons Wild Blueberry juice (from thawed berries)
1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
- For the dough, combine the flour, coconut sugar, and salt in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the cold butter and pulse a few times until mealy. Whisk the yogurt and milk together in a small bowl; add to the food processor and pulse a few more times until the dough comes together. Pat the dough into a ball and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the filling ingredients in a pot. Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes, until thickened. Let cool.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Roll the dough out into a 1/4-inch thick rectangle. Cut into 12 rectangles.
- Place 6 rectangles on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Divide the filling evenly between the rectangles and spread, leaving about 1/2-inch on all edges.
- Add the remaining rectangles on top and press the edges together. Crimp the edges together with a fork to seal, then poke a few holes in the top of each tart.
- If you want to skip the glaze, brush each tart with beaten egg and sprinkle with coconut sugar.
- Bake tarts for 18-20 minutes, until edges are golden brown.
- If you want to use the glaze, whisk together the glaze ingredients and drizzle over the tarts. Let dry.